Middy 4GS Snake-Lake Feeder Rod 9'
Middy 4GS Snake-Lake Feeder Rod 9'
4GS rods utilise new Supplex carbon technology. The 3G and 4G predecessors were a huge success and many thought it would be impossible to improve on such excellent rods, but with the use of Supplex carbon Middy have been able to make the tip action of the 4GS range slightly softer without losing any of the immense power in the butt. The slightly softer tip means you can land carp even quicker while knowing you have the strength in the butt to land carp into double-figures.
As soon as you pick up a 4GS rod you can tell that the balance and action are both even better than before. With three waggler and five feeder rods in the 4GS range, all with super slim blanks and top-quality fittings, Middy are renowned for their rods and are constantly setting the standard for other rod makers to try and follow. This short rod has been specifically designed for small bombs at medium to long distance, or method feeders at short distances like you would find on snake style lakes.
For those unaware, 'snake-lake' refers to waters where the distance to the far bank is never very far and the lake weaves in and out in relatively narrow channels. A usual length feeder rod tends to encourage you to over cast or makes it hard for you to feather/cushion the bomb or feeder into the water. To cushion your set-up into the lake is always a good idea in shallow far shelf swims, as it causes fewer disturbances and does not spook the carp.
The action of this rod is also very, very soft in the tip to allow a smooth cast when using 0.25oz bombs with single corn in the winter months. The shorter length also allows you keep the fish low in the water and under better control until the last minute when you want it up in the net. It has the strength in the butt to catch double figure carp - it is a bit like use a modified fly rod with a superb parabolic action and a quiver registration! This rod includes three super-sensitive fibre quivers; two light quivers and one medium; there is no need for a heavy quiver for this rod and, with the light tip being most likely to be broken off, not with a fault of the rod, but with line-wraps, you have a spare ready to go. Features include a slim cork handle, soft-touch EVA grip, ergonomic lock-down reel seat, hook retainer and S.I.C. feather-lite Gunsmoke guides. Mainline: 8lb, Hooklength: 6lb, Casting Weight: 7-40g.
- 4GS rods utilise new Supplex carbon technology
- Slightly softer tip means you can land carp even quicker
- Super slim blanks and top-quality fittings
- Designed for small bombs at medium to long distance
- Or method feeders at short distances
- Action is very, very soft in the tip to allow a smooth cast
- It has the strength in the butt to catch double figure carp
- This rod includes three super-sensitive fibre quivers
- Two light quivers and one medium
- Slim cork handle and a soft-touch EVA grip
- Ergonomic lock-down reel seat
- Hook retainer and S.I.C. feather-lite Gunsmoke guides
- Mainline: 8lb, Hooklength: 6lb
- Casting Weight: 7-40g
- 2 piece
Most items are £3.99 delivery to UK addresses unless:
- Parcels over 2kg will cost £5.99 postage
- Parcels over 4.5ft (2 piece 9ft rods for example) will cost £8.99 regardless of weight
- Deliveries to the EU will be charged at cost, but surcharges may be applicable due to increases in prices, or remote locations
Over £95.00 is free delivery for all items within the UK only and we are unable to send parcels over 4.5ft to the Channel Islands
Shipping & Delivery
We strive to send your purchase to you via Royal Mail Second Class or nominated courier in 3-5 days.
Sometimes however things happen between being sent from here and delivered to you which are out of our control. We do not accept liability for any late items unless they are more than seven (7) days later than your purchase date.
It does actually happen the other way and you could have your parcel the next day. Please note that we cannot deliver to a PO box address. We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause.
Our shipping costs are based on the individual items and the expense it costs us to deliver your purchase in the condition you would expect.
Parcels going to an Ireland address will require your post code (Eircode) at checkout.