Daiwa BG Spinning Reel
The next generation of Daiwa's ever popular BG spinning reel series just got leaner and meaner. This complete series ranges from ultralight freshwater actions to heavy big game saltwater models.
- Black Anodized Machined Aluminum Housing ("Hard Bodyz" Body & Side Cover)
- Over-sized Digigear (Digigear™ System)
- Solid Screw-In Handle
- Air Rotor
- Dynamic Cut Aluminum ABS Spool
- Braided Line Ready Spool
- Waterproof Drag System
- Carbon ATD
- Machined Aluminum Screw In Handle
- Manual Return Bail (4500 and Larger)
- Infinite Anti-Reverse System
- Please note this is a 4000 model
Black Anodized Machined Aluminum Housing ("Hard Bodyz" Body & Side Cover)
- Daiwa BG is equipped with a machined aluminum body and body cover providing strength and internal part stability. To increase the strength in the form of corrosion and scratch resistance, Daiwa has Black Anodized the body and body cover. The anodization process allows for better adhesion to the aluminum and will not chip or peal like a painted surface, extending the brilliant look of the BG spinning series.
OVER-SIZED DIGIGEAR™ (DIGIGEAR™ SYSTEM)
- Daiwa BG spinning series have integrated the largest drive gear in the history of Daiwa spinning reels. The benefit to having this oversized gear increases gear-tooth contact points, this provides smoother and extended gear life as well as more power and increased torque.
Solid Screw-In Handle
- Daiwa's Screw-in-Handle design provides zero movement or play between the main gear and handle arm. This lack of movement offers the angler both confidence and control when rotating the handle.
- The Air Rotor weighs up to 15% less than ordinary rotor designs. Its unique shape reduces unnecessary weight while distributing stress more evenly throughout the rotor for maximum strength.
- The ABS spool's maximized core diameter and reversed taper mean 100% useable line. No "dead" line buried in a deep core. You can fill it with line right up to the edge of the spool lip without fear of tangles. ABS cause less casting friction for longer and easier casting. The huge spool diameter line flow freely in larger coils and produces less line memory coil. Smaller spool diameter means line flows in tighter coils as well.