Rio Scandi Short Shooting Head Fly Line
RIO's Scandi Short head is a very easy casting Scandi style shooting head, built on RIO’s ultra-low stretch ConnectCore for the utmost in casting control and sensitivity. The "Short" nature of this head makes it ideal for Spey rods and Switch rods less than 12' 6" in length, and also for fishing in the tightest of situations. "Scandi" style heads feature long, fine front tapers that unroll with ease, remain stable and smooth throughout the casting stroke and are very easy, and pleasant to cast. Scandi heads are the best line option in tight casting situations and a particularly good choice on smaller rivers, and for novice to average casting skills - particularly when smaller and unweighted flies are used. They are not the right choice of head for windy days, or for casting big flies and fast sinking tips. In these situations a SKAGIT head would be a far better choice.
• Easy casting design
• Printed ID system on the rear of the head for quick recognition
• Ultra-low stretch core for the best in casting and fishing sensitivity
• High viz rear loop
- EasyID - RIO’s printed line marking system that allows anglers to quickly and easily identify each line.
- Front Welded Loop- A neat, bulletproof loop welded at the front of the fly line for fast rigging.
- Back Welded Loop - A neat, bulletproof loop welded at the end of the fly line for fast rigging to backing.